Jose Canseco is having a good day

Feb 23, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT

Wonka

Sometimes, on his Twitter feed, Jose Canseco sounds really sad and depressed. Some days, however, he’s the most optimistic, upbeat guy in the world.

I’m no psychiatrist, but I’m going to assume that swinging back and forth between such extremes — between such poles, as it were — is nothing but healthy.  All that mania and depression evens out, don’t you know!

Anyway, based on his Twitter feed today, Canseco is having a “good” day. Indeed, he’s freakin’ Willy Wonka:

That’s just great.  I hope Jose’s journey is every bit as not-crazy and not-unstable as Willy Wonka’s was.  And if Jose is taking donations to get the hug store off the ground, put me down for $100.

1. cur68 - Feb 23, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I’m in for one beaver nickle and Loonie.

• Utley's Hair - Feb 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Wow…beaver must be cheap up there…. And you are quite loony, ya know?

• cur68 - Feb 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Oh look, my comment turned up. Wasn’t expecting that…

Yeah, yeah, I’m a loon: a Common Loon, mea culpa. But, in all fairness, I make a lovely noise at dusk and can dive more than 200 ft (61 m) below the surface of the water in search of food. Beat that, Mr. Slicked Back Head of Pie Shortnin’ Hair.

2. phukyouk - Feb 23, 2012 at 4:39 PM

there is no freaking way that he wast/isnt on something when writing those twits

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Feb 23, 2012 at 5:33 PM

No way, Jose doesn’t like putting drugs into his body.

3. buffalomafia - Feb 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Why would MLB players want to bring back a STOOL PIDGEON?

4. skipperxc - Feb 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Holy hell the face at the end of that video was creepy

• Utley's Hair - Feb 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Gene Wilder’s wasn’t all that much better.

5. bobwsc - Feb 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM

weird acid-flashback vibe in what he’s writing.

6. El Bravo - Feb 23, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I ate mushrooms and watched that movie about five years ago. True story. I highly recommend doing this….highly. There is nothing funnier and creepier than a trippy looking Gene Wilder singing those great songs. Ah the memories…just remembering makes me want to hug someone.

7. TheNaturalMevs - Feb 23, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Don’t say that too loudly, Jose will take you up on that $100 offer. I guarantee it.

8. lostsok - Feb 23, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Umm…the “hugs” at his new store…do you rub them on your butt and it makes your muscles bigger? Just wonderin’.

9. badben31 - Feb 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Way to go Jose, keep being happy.

10. Utley's Hair - Feb 24, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Any idea why this post, and this post alone from what I have seen, has no comments visible, though the counter says there are 13? Strange things a-brewing at HBT.

11. Utley's Hair - Feb 24, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Oh…it looks like you have to make comment on here to see them again. Maybe HBT is on whatever Jose was on (allegedly, of course) when he was tweeting.

Pineda ejection wrong message from MLB
  1. I. Davis (4221)