Feb 23, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Verlander appears on the box for a special-edition cereal called “Fastball Flakes” that will be sold in Michigan to raise money for the local VA Hospitals.
“Fastball Flakes” are also available online at PLBSports.com, which sells similar cereals featuring Jason Kendall, Marshall Faulk, Chad Ochocinco, David Eckstein, Doug Flutie, Wayne Chrebet, John Elway, Jerome Bettis, and more.
Our own Craig Calcaterra bought a box (and a t-shirt too!) of the Verlander cereal for his Tigers fan girlfriend, which is simultaneously adorable and something a person with a girlfriend of his own might endlessly mock him about. Which rules me out–shocking, I know–but don’t let that stop you!
UPDATE: Fan Graphs’ investigative reporting team looked into which player-endorsed cereals didn’t make the cut this year.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)