Feb 23, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Verlander appears on the box for a special-edition cereal called “Fastball Flakes” that will be sold in Michigan to raise money for the local VA Hospitals.
“Fastball Flakes” are also available online at PLBSports.com, which sells similar cereals featuring Jason Kendall, Marshall Faulk, Chad Ochocinco, David Eckstein, Doug Flutie, Wayne Chrebet, John Elway, Jerome Bettis, and more.
Our own Craig Calcaterra bought a box (and a t-shirt too!) of the Verlander cereal for his Tigers fan girlfriend, which is simultaneously adorable and something a person with a girlfriend of his own might endlessly mock him about. Which rules me out–shocking, I know–but don’t let that stop you!
UPDATE: Fan Graphs’ investigative reporting team looked into which player-endorsed cereals didn’t make the cut this year.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 7
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 33
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 30
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (194)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)