Feb 23, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Verlander appears on the box for a special-edition cereal called “Fastball Flakes” that will be sold in Michigan to raise money for the local VA Hospitals.
“Fastball Flakes” are also available online at PLBSports.com, which sells similar cereals featuring Jason Kendall, Marshall Faulk, Chad Ochocinco, David Eckstein, Doug Flutie, Wayne Chrebet, John Elway, Jerome Bettis, and more.
Our own Craig Calcaterra bought a box (and a t-shirt too!) of the Verlander cereal for his Tigers fan girlfriend, which is simultaneously adorable and something a person with a girlfriend of his own might endlessly mock him about. Which rules me out–shocking, I know–but don’t let that stop you!
UPDATE: Fan Graphs’ investigative reporting team looked into which player-endorsed cereals didn’t make the cut this year.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 0
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 108
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 2
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (110)