Feb 23, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Jon Niese showed up to spring training earlier this week with a reconstructed schnoz, relaying the story of how former Mets teammate Carlos Beltran encouraged him to get a nose job and even offered to pay for the operation.
That was before Beltran got traded to the Giants around midseason, but apparently he’s living up to his end of the bargain.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch talked to Beltran, who’s now with the Cardinals, and the outfielder has received the bill from Niese and “will pay later this spring.”
I’m really hoping that getting a nose job paid for by a co-worker catches on, because I have too much nose and Calcaterra has too much money. It would be a perfect solution.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)