Feb 23, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Jon Niese showed up to spring training earlier this week with a reconstructed schnoz, relaying the story of how former Mets teammate Carlos Beltran encouraged him to get a nose job and even offered to pay for the operation.
That was before Beltran got traded to the Giants around midseason, but apparently he’s living up to his end of the bargain.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch talked to Beltran, who’s now with the Cardinals, and the outfielder has received the bill from Niese and “will pay later this spring.”
I’m really hoping that getting a nose job paid for by a co-worker catches on, because I have too much nose and Calcaterra has too much money. It would be a perfect solution.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)