Feb 23, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Jon Niese showed up to spring training earlier this week with a reconstructed schnoz, relaying the story of how former Mets teammate Carlos Beltran encouraged him to get a nose job and even offered to pay for the operation.
That was before Beltran got traded to the Giants around midseason, but apparently he’s living up to his end of the bargain.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch talked to Beltran, who’s now with the Cardinals, and the outfielder has received the bill from Niese and “will pay later this spring.”
I’m really hoping that getting a nose job paid for by a co-worker catches on, because I have too much nose and Calcaterra has too much money. It would be a perfect solution.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (95)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)