Feb 23, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Jon Niese showed up to spring training earlier this week with a reconstructed schnoz, relaying the story of how former Mets teammate Carlos Beltran encouraged him to get a nose job and even offered to pay for the operation.
That was before Beltran got traded to the Giants around midseason, but apparently he’s living up to his end of the bargain.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch talked to Beltran, who’s now with the Cardinals, and the outfielder has received the bill from Niese and “will pay later this spring.”
I’m really hoping that getting a nose job paid for by a co-worker catches on, because I have too much nose and Calcaterra has too much money. It would be a perfect solution.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)