Feb 24, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The National Post has a long interview with Jays outfielder Colby Rasmus. Lots of good stuff in there. Most of it about how he’s changed his attitude after his horrible 2011 season. About how he’s just going to play the game. About how he wants his dad to be less negative (Hi, Mr. Rasmus! I know you’re reading!). And how being the Jays feels a lot more comfortable than being with the Cardinals did.
Unlike past comments, however, he’s not negative about Tony La Russa or the Cardinals. He sounds like someone who has thought a lot in the offseason and realizes that you can be kind of cocky when you have an OPS+ of 132 — his 2010 numbers — but you can’t when you’ve got an OPS+ of 37 — which is what he did after the trade to Toronto.
But as for the Cardinals playoff run, he had this to say:
What were you thinking when you were watching the Cardinals during their playoff run?
I didn’t watch it.
You weren’t rooting for them?
I was. I got a lot of friends on that team, a lot of guys I love and respect. I have no hard feelings towards anybody, you know? Just didn’t watch it. I was doing something else.
You’ll be getting a ring?
That’s what I hear, I don’t know. I’ll believe it when I see it.
Did you get your postseason share?
I got a little sumpin-sumpin.
That’s all we all want, isn’t it? A little sumpin-sumpin?
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 5
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 26
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 50
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)