Feb 24, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The National Post has a long interview with Jays outfielder Colby Rasmus. Lots of good stuff in there. Most of it about how he’s changed his attitude after his horrible 2011 season. About how he’s just going to play the game. About how he wants his dad to be less negative (Hi, Mr. Rasmus! I know you’re reading!). And how being the Jays feels a lot more comfortable than being with the Cardinals did.
Unlike past comments, however, he’s not negative about Tony La Russa or the Cardinals. He sounds like someone who has thought a lot in the offseason and realizes that you can be kind of cocky when you have an OPS+ of 132 — his 2010 numbers — but you can’t when you’ve got an OPS+ of 37 — which is what he did after the trade to Toronto.
But as for the Cardinals playoff run, he had this to say:
What were you thinking when you were watching the Cardinals during their playoff run?
I didn’t watch it.
You weren’t rooting for them?
I was. I got a lot of friends on that team, a lot of guys I love and respect. I have no hard feelings towards anybody, you know? Just didn’t watch it. I was doing something else.
You’ll be getting a ring?
That’s what I hear, I don’t know. I’ll believe it when I see it.
Did you get your postseason share?
I got a little sumpin-sumpin.
That’s all we all want, isn’t it? A little sumpin-sumpin?
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 0
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 67
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 58
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)