Feb 24, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The National Post has a long interview with Jays outfielder Colby Rasmus. Lots of good stuff in there. Most of it about how he’s changed his attitude after his horrible 2011 season. About how he’s just going to play the game. About how he wants his dad to be less negative (Hi, Mr. Rasmus! I know you’re reading!). And how being the Jays feels a lot more comfortable than being with the Cardinals did.
Unlike past comments, however, he’s not negative about Tony La Russa or the Cardinals. He sounds like someone who has thought a lot in the offseason and realizes that you can be kind of cocky when you have an OPS+ of 132 — his 2010 numbers — but you can’t when you’ve got an OPS+ of 37 — which is what he did after the trade to Toronto.
But as for the Cardinals playoff run, he had this to say:
What were you thinking when you were watching the Cardinals during their playoff run?
I didn’t watch it.
You weren’t rooting for them?
I was. I got a lot of friends on that team, a lot of guys I love and respect. I have no hard feelings towards anybody, you know? Just didn’t watch it. I was doing something else.
You’ll be getting a ring?
That’s what I hear, I don’t know. I’ll believe it when I see it.
Did you get your postseason share?
I got a little sumpin-sumpin.
That’s all we all want, isn’t it? A little sumpin-sumpin?
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 71
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)