Feb 24, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The National Post has a long interview with Jays outfielder Colby Rasmus. Lots of good stuff in there. Most of it about how he’s changed his attitude after his horrible 2011 season. About how he’s just going to play the game. About how he wants his dad to be less negative (Hi, Mr. Rasmus! I know you’re reading!). And how being the Jays feels a lot more comfortable than being with the Cardinals did.
Unlike past comments, however, he’s not negative about Tony La Russa or the Cardinals. He sounds like someone who has thought a lot in the offseason and realizes that you can be kind of cocky when you have an OPS+ of 132 — his 2010 numbers — but you can’t when you’ve got an OPS+ of 37 — which is what he did after the trade to Toronto.
But as for the Cardinals playoff run, he had this to say:
What were you thinking when you were watching the Cardinals during their playoff run?
I didn’t watch it.
You weren’t rooting for them?
I was. I got a lot of friends on that team, a lot of guys I love and respect. I have no hard feelings towards anybody, you know? Just didn’t watch it. I was doing something else.
You’ll be getting a ring?
That’s what I hear, I don’t know. I’ll believe it when I see it.
Did you get your postseason share?
I got a little sumpin-sumpin.
That’s all we all want, isn’t it? A little sumpin-sumpin?
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 63
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)