Feb 24, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Terry Mathews, a right-handed reliever who spent eight seasons in the majors for the Marlins, Orioles, Royals, and Rangers, has passed away at age 47.
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that Mathews, who last pitched in 1999, suffered a heart attack at his home in Louisiana.
Mathews, who was originally the Rangers’ fifth-round pick in 1987, made 324 appearances and logged 422 innings with a 4.25 ERA.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona