Feb 24, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
Wilson was slated to push rookie shortstop Tyler Pastornicky during spring training, so that job now falls to Drew Sutton, Josh Wilson, and Brandon Hicks.
Once healthy he’ll fill a utility man role after the 34-year-old hit just .243 with a .559 OPS last season, failing to crack a .600 mark in back-to-back years.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 5
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)