Feb 24, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Wilson was slated to push rookie shortstop Tyler Pastornicky during spring training, so that job now falls to Drew Sutton, Josh Wilson, and Brandon Hicks.
Once healthy he’ll fill a utility man role after the 34-year-old hit just .243 with a .559 OPS last season, failing to crack a .600 mark in back-to-back years.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)