Feb 24, 2012, 9:32 AM EDT
Justin Morneau spoke with the media this morning down in Fort Myers and he does not sound like a man who is totally healthy and ready to proceed with his career.
Jim Souhan of the Star Tribune reported that “he looks skinny” and “sounds worried.” Morneau said that he had not had concussion symptoms since January. But just last month there were reports that he hadn’t had them since December, which suggests his issues still aren’t going away.
“I don’t think there will be a career if it’s something I’m dealing with..I’m obviously not going to continue to mess around with this if it continues to be a problem. There comes a point where you can only torture yourself for so long … I continue to look for something positive, and look how far I’ve come in the last week or in the last month and just hope it continues to go well.”
If it’s torture to try to come back, one can only assume that he’s not willing to put up with much more of it.
This is not a good morning for Twins fans. Or anyone else who is concerned about Justin Morneau’s health and career.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (89)