Feb 24, 2012, 3:13 PM EST
“Ryan Braun is out there saying this shows he is innocent,” one Met said. “Does that mean O.J. Simpson is innocent, too?” … “Oh, wow,” a Mets player said on Friday, after hearing of Braun’s chain-of-custody explanation. “That was his defense? Now every positive test is going to be challenged. That could be a mess.”
Added a third player: “What a joke.”
Another Met said: “Seems like he’s guilty.”
I’m guessing a memo is gonna be released by the MLBPA telling its membership to hold the union line on this sort of thing, but really, people are gonna be people.
I think the anonyMets should step up their game, however. They’re not coming anywhere close to the Braun invective we’ve seen in the HBT comments these past two days. You guys really know how to bring it. I mean, a few more pointed comments and, yes, I will finally admit that I’m on Braun’s payroll, as so many of you have actually claimed!
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)