Feb 24, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
“Ryan Braun is out there saying this shows he is innocent,” one Met said. “Does that mean O.J. Simpson is innocent, too?” … “Oh, wow,” a Mets player said on Friday, after hearing of Braun’s chain-of-custody explanation. “That was his defense? Now every positive test is going to be challenged. That could be a mess.”
Added a third player: “What a joke.”
Another Met said: “Seems like he’s guilty.”
I’m guessing a memo is gonna be released by the MLBPA telling its membership to hold the union line on this sort of thing, but really, people are gonna be people.
I think the anonyMets should step up their game, however. They’re not coming anywhere close to the Braun invective we’ve seen in the HBT comments these past two days. You guys really know how to bring it. I mean, a few more pointed comments and, yes, I will finally admit that I’m on Braun’s payroll, as so many of you have actually claimed!
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)