Feb 24, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
“Ryan Braun is out there saying this shows he is innocent,” one Met said. “Does that mean O.J. Simpson is innocent, too?” … “Oh, wow,” a Mets player said on Friday, after hearing of Braun’s chain-of-custody explanation. “That was his defense? Now every positive test is going to be challenged. That could be a mess.”
Added a third player: “What a joke.”
Another Met said: “Seems like he’s guilty.”
I’m guessing a memo is gonna be released by the MLBPA telling its membership to hold the union line on this sort of thing, but really, people are gonna be people.
I think the anonyMets should step up their game, however. They’re not coming anywhere close to the Braun invective we’ve seen in the HBT comments these past two days. You guys really know how to bring it. I mean, a few more pointed comments and, yes, I will finally admit that I’m on Braun’s payroll, as so many of you have actually claimed!
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 77
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 39
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 37
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)