Feb 24, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
“Overall, it’s not really – it’s about making the team, but if … I can control my third pitch and have a decent fourth pitch, then there’s no reason I shouldn’t pitch in the big leagues somewhere. If they don’t have room for me here, then there’s no reason they shouldn’t trade me or just do something with me.”
He sort of backed off that later, saying that the Braves should trade him if he hasn’t earned his spot in the rotation. Which is sort of the same, but definitely different in tone. His original comments make it seem like he thinks he’s already earned it and deserves to start before Julio Teheran and Randall Delgado. And he’s probably right about that.
Thing is, it’s all probably moot. With the 1-2-3 in that rotation being Tim Hudson, Jair Jurrjens and Tommy Hanson — all three either injury risks, injury bouncebacks and/or trade candidates — Minor, Teheran and Delgado will all likely have a place in that rotation alongside Brandon Beachy and one of the remaining 1-2-3 this time next year. If not sooner.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)