Feb 24, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
“Overall, it’s not really – it’s about making the team, but if … I can control my third pitch and have a decent fourth pitch, then there’s no reason I shouldn’t pitch in the big leagues somewhere. If they don’t have room for me here, then there’s no reason they shouldn’t trade me or just do something with me.”
He sort of backed off that later, saying that the Braves should trade him if he hasn’t earned his spot in the rotation. Which is sort of the same, but definitely different in tone. His original comments make it seem like he thinks he’s already earned it and deserves to start before Julio Teheran and Randall Delgado. And he’s probably right about that.
Thing is, it’s all probably moot. With the 1-2-3 in that rotation being Tim Hudson, Jair Jurrjens and Tommy Hanson — all three either injury risks, injury bouncebacks and/or trade candidates — Minor, Teheran and Delgado will all likely have a place in that rotation alongside Brandon Beachy and one of the remaining 1-2-3 this time next year. If not sooner.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy