Feb 24, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
How is Mark Trumbo‘s transition to third base going after never playing the position before in the majors or minors?
It’s off to a rough start, says Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles:
He took a ground ball off the nose and had to cut short his workout Friday morning. The ball came off the fungo bat of coach Rob Picciolo and hit the lip of the infield grass, according to Jorge Cantu, who was standing nearby. A trainer applied a towel to Trumbo’s nose and he was carted off to the Angels spring-training clubhouse, where he lay on the trainer’s table with gauze stuffed in his nostrils.
Of course, I’m sure Adrian Beltre would gladly tell Trumbo that there are worse places off which to take a ground ball.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)