Feb 24, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
How is Mark Trumbo‘s transition to third base going after never playing the position before in the majors or minors?
It’s off to a rough start, says Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles:
He took a ground ball off the nose and had to cut short his workout Friday morning. The ball came off the fungo bat of coach Rob Picciolo and hit the lip of the infield grass, according to Jorge Cantu, who was standing nearby. A trainer applied a towel to Trumbo’s nose and he was carted off to the Angels spring-training clubhouse, where he lay on the trainer’s table with gauze stuffed in his nostrils.
Of course, I’m sure Adrian Beltre would gladly tell Trumbo that there are worse places off which to take a ground ball.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)