Feb 24, 2012, 7:48 AM EDT
If, like a lot of people, you read HBT at work for the most part, you missed out on Ryan Braun insanity last night. Here’s a roundup of it:
- Braun’s appeal prevails, his suspension overturned;
- Why? Because of a chain of custody issue.
- Fine, that’s what the arbitrator said. But … wait, was it really a chain of custody issue?
- Whatever the case, should we still think less of Braun because he won on a “technicality?”
Finally, I went on NBC SportsTalk last night, about a half hour after it all went down, to talk to Russ about it all. Check it out here:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
I’m sure we’ll have more on it today. Maybe even some baseball too!
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)