Feb 24, 2012, 7:48 AM EST
If, like a lot of people, you read HBT at work for the most part, you missed out on Ryan Braun insanity last night. Here’s a roundup of it:
- Braun’s appeal prevails, his suspension overturned;
- Why? Because of a chain of custody issue.
- Fine, that’s what the arbitrator said. But … wait, was it really a chain of custody issue?
- Whatever the case, should we still think less of Braun because he won on a “technicality?”
Finally, I went on NBC SportsTalk last night, about a half hour after it all went down, to talk to Russ about it all. Check it out here:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
I’m sure we’ll have more on it today. Maybe even some baseball too!
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 336
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (337)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)