Feb 25, 2012, 10:03 PM EST
According to the Arizona Republic‘s Nick Piecoro, the D’Backs have engaged in no recent trade talks involving Parra and don’t intend to deal him.
Parra was stripped of his starting job this offseason when the Snakes acquired free agent Jason Kubel, but the 2011 Gold Glove winner is viewed as a valuable piece of the Arizona bench.
“There’s a lot of reports,” Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said Saturday. “It’s amusing.”
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 54
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 206
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (206)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)