Feb 25, 2012, 11:05 AM EDT
UPDATE: According to the official Dodgers’ Twitter account, Uribe is among the players who have reported early to camp. He told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he will be in camp today and tomorrow before the trial starts Monday in San Francisco.
10:55 AM: Juan Uribe had a miserable first season with the Dodgers and his second isn’t getting off to the best start.
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Juan Uribe isn’t expected to be present Monday with the rest of the Dodgers’ position players because he is scheduled for a trial against his former landlord in San Francisco.
Uribe is being sued by Christina Esteras for $145,000 in damages resulting from a kitchen fire he is suspected of starting while playing for the Giants in 2010. The trial is set to begin Monday at 9:30 a.m. and Esteras’ attorney, Josh S. Brownstein, said the case “absolutely” cannot be settled in one day, so Uribe will likely miss the first couple days of full-squad workouts.
Uribe signed a three-year, $21 million contract with the Dodgers last winter, but batted just .204/.264/.293 with four homers, 28 RBI and .557 OPS over 295 plate appearances in 2011 before undergoing season-ending surgery in September to repair a sports hernia. The 32-year-old is expected to serve as the Dodgers’ starting third baseman in 2012.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)