Feb 25, 2012, 11:05 AM EDT
UPDATE: According to the official Dodgers’ Twitter account, Uribe is among the players who have reported early to camp. He told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he will be in camp today and tomorrow before the trial starts Monday in San Francisco.
10:55 AM: Juan Uribe had a miserable first season with the Dodgers and his second isn’t getting off to the best start.
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Juan Uribe isn’t expected to be present Monday with the rest of the Dodgers’ position players because he is scheduled for a trial against his former landlord in San Francisco.
Uribe is being sued by Christina Esteras for $145,000 in damages resulting from a kitchen fire he is suspected of starting while playing for the Giants in 2010. The trial is set to begin Monday at 9:30 a.m. and Esteras’ attorney, Josh S. Brownstein, said the case “absolutely” cannot be settled in one day, so Uribe will likely miss the first couple days of full-squad workouts.
Uribe signed a three-year, $21 million contract with the Dodgers last winter, but batted just .204/.264/.293 with four homers, 28 RBI and .557 OPS over 295 plate appearances in 2011 before undergoing season-ending surgery in September to repair a sports hernia. The 32-year-old is expected to serve as the Dodgers’ starting third baseman in 2012.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)