Feb 25, 2012, 11:05 AM EDT
UPDATE: According to the official Dodgers’ Twitter account, Uribe is among the players who have reported early to camp. He told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he will be in camp today and tomorrow before the trial starts Monday in San Francisco.
10:55 AM: Juan Uribe had a miserable first season with the Dodgers and his second isn’t getting off to the best start.
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Juan Uribe isn’t expected to be present Monday with the rest of the Dodgers’ position players because he is scheduled for a trial against his former landlord in San Francisco.
Uribe is being sued by Christina Esteras for $145,000 in damages resulting from a kitchen fire he is suspected of starting while playing for the Giants in 2010. The trial is set to begin Monday at 9:30 a.m. and Esteras’ attorney, Josh S. Brownstein, said the case “absolutely” cannot be settled in one day, so Uribe will likely miss the first couple days of full-squad workouts.
Uribe signed a three-year, $21 million contract with the Dodgers last winter, but batted just .204/.264/.293 with four homers, 28 RBI and .557 OPS over 295 plate appearances in 2011 before undergoing season-ending surgery in September to repair a sports hernia. The 32-year-old is expected to serve as the Dodgers’ starting third baseman in 2012.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)