Feb 25, 2012, 4:55 PM EST
UPDATE: Joe Stiglich of the Contra Costa Times reports that the preliminary diagnosis is a left knee sprain, though we’ll learn more once the MRI results are known.
3:15 PM: Bad news from A’s camp.
In fact, one onlooker told Slusser that they could hear an audible “pop” sound at the time of the injury. The team has yet to provide an official update on Sizemore’s status.
Sizemore, 27, was acquired from the Tigers last May for left-hander David Purcey and batted .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs, 52 RBI, four stolen bases and a .778 OPS over 93 games with Oakland while serving as the primary third baseman. If the injury is significant, the A’s would likely have to go with some combination of Adam Rosales or Eric Sogard at the hot corner.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)