Feb 25, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
UPDATE: Joe Stiglich of the Contra Costa Times reports that the preliminary diagnosis is a left knee sprain, though we’ll learn more once the MRI results are known.
3:15 PM: Bad news from A’s camp.
In fact, one onlooker told Slusser that they could hear an audible “pop” sound at the time of the injury. The team has yet to provide an official update on Sizemore’s status.
Sizemore, 27, was acquired from the Tigers last May for left-hander David Purcey and batted .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs, 52 RBI, four stolen bases and a .778 OPS over 93 games with Oakland while serving as the primary third baseman. If the injury is significant, the A’s would likely have to go with some combination of Adam Rosales or Eric Sogard at the hot corner.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 228
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (103)