Feb 25, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
UPDATE: Joe Stiglich of the Contra Costa Times reports that the preliminary diagnosis is a left knee sprain, though we’ll learn more once the MRI results are known.
3:15 PM: Bad news from A’s camp.
In fact, one onlooker told Slusser that they could hear an audible “pop” sound at the time of the injury. The team has yet to provide an official update on Sizemore’s status.
Sizemore, 27, was acquired from the Tigers last May for left-hander David Purcey and batted .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs, 52 RBI, four stolen bases and a .778 OPS over 93 games with Oakland while serving as the primary third baseman. If the injury is significant, the A’s would likely have to go with some combination of Adam Rosales or Eric Sogard at the hot corner.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)