Feb 25, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
UPDATE: Joe Stiglich of the Contra Costa Times reports that the preliminary diagnosis is a left knee sprain, though we’ll learn more once the MRI results are known.
3:15 PM: Bad news from A’s camp.
In fact, one onlooker told Slusser that they could hear an audible “pop” sound at the time of the injury. The team has yet to provide an official update on Sizemore’s status.
Sizemore, 27, was acquired from the Tigers last May for left-hander David Purcey and batted .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs, 52 RBI, four stolen bases and a .778 OPS over 93 games with Oakland while serving as the primary third baseman. If the injury is significant, the A’s would likely have to go with some combination of Adam Rosales or Eric Sogard at the hot corner.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 134
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (142)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)