Feb 25, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
UPDATE: Joe Stiglich of the Contra Costa Times reports that the preliminary diagnosis is a left knee sprain, though we’ll learn more once the MRI results are known.
3:15 PM: Bad news from A’s camp.
In fact, one onlooker told Slusser that they could hear an audible “pop” sound at the time of the injury. The team has yet to provide an official update on Sizemore’s status.
Sizemore, 27, was acquired from the Tigers last May for left-hander David Purcey and batted .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs, 52 RBI, four stolen bases and a .778 OPS over 93 games with Oakland while serving as the primary third baseman. If the injury is significant, the A’s would likely have to go with some combination of Adam Rosales or Eric Sogard at the hot corner.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (68)