Feb 26, 2012, 10:27 AM EDT
Red Sox outfielder Carl Crawford told reporters earlier this month that he “wasn’t happy” about Red Sox owner John Henry expressing to the media last season that he was “personally opposed” to the former Ray’s seven-year, $142 million contract.
Rather than continuing to air their frustrations through the press, player and owner had a sit-down meeting recently in Red Sox camp. It lasted around 10 minutes, and it apparently went swimmingly.
“He was apologetic and I accepted his apology and we both agreed to just move and go from there,” Crawford told WEEI in Boston. “When someone is genuinely sorry for something, you can tell. I think he was genuinely sorry for it. I apologized for the season I had. Had I played better, he wouldn’t had to say that so we just both exchanged words that were good. I think we were able to clear the air and now it’s just time to move on.”
Crawford, a .296/.337/.444 hitter during his nine years in Tampa Bay, batted just .255/.289/.405 in 539 plate appearances last season for the Red Sox. He also stole just 18 bases after swiping 47 for the Rays in 2010.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)