Feb 26, 2012, 6:42 PM EDT
As he puts it in his twitter bio, Brewers closer John Axford is both a “mustache and film aficionado.” Today, he’s concentrates more on the movies and presents his 15 Oscar picks, including The Artist for best picture.
I can’t really sum up everything I felt while watching this film. The first 15 minutes I simply laughed because I thought the score was ridiculous (but in a good way). It was so happy and so easy to get lost in the film from the beginning. The story was fantastic and so was the acting. Like I said before, it did a great job at tastefully poking fun at silent films while also being able to show a compelling story on the front and even more depths throughout. Best Picture for sure!
Axford said he hit on 11 of his 13 picks for last year’s Academy Awards. Go on and check out his twitter feed if you want to see the rest of his choices.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)