Feb 26, 2012, 6:42 PM EDT
As he puts it in his twitter bio, Brewers closer John Axford is both a “mustache and film aficionado.” Today, he’s concentrates more on the movies and presents his 15 Oscar picks, including The Artist for best picture.
I can’t really sum up everything I felt while watching this film. The first 15 minutes I simply laughed because I thought the score was ridiculous (but in a good way). It was so happy and so easy to get lost in the film from the beginning. The story was fantastic and so was the acting. Like I said before, it did a great job at tastefully poking fun at silent films while also being able to show a compelling story on the front and even more depths throughout. Best Picture for sure!
Axford said he hit on 11 of his 13 picks for last year’s Academy Awards. Go on and check out his twitter feed if you want to see the rest of his choices.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)