Feb 26, 2012, 6:42 PM EST
As he puts it in his twitter bio, Brewers closer John Axford is both a “mustache and film aficionado.” Today, he’s concentrates more on the movies and presents his 15 Oscar picks, including The Artist for best picture.
I can’t really sum up everything I felt while watching this film. The first 15 minutes I simply laughed because I thought the score was ridiculous (but in a good way). It was so happy and so easy to get lost in the film from the beginning. The story was fantastic and so was the acting. Like I said before, it did a great job at tastefully poking fun at silent films while also being able to show a compelling story on the front and even more depths throughout. Best Picture for sure!
Axford said he hit on 11 of his 13 picks for last year’s Academy Awards. Go on and check out his twitter feed if you want to see the rest of his choices.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)