Feb 26, 2012, 6:42 PM EST
As he puts it in his twitter bio, Brewers closer John Axford is both a “mustache and film aficionado.” Today, he’s concentrates more on the movies and presents his 15 Oscar picks, including The Artist for best picture.
I can’t really sum up everything I felt while watching this film. The first 15 minutes I simply laughed because I thought the score was ridiculous (but in a good way). It was so happy and so easy to get lost in the film from the beginning. The story was fantastic and so was the acting. Like I said before, it did a great job at tastefully poking fun at silent films while also being able to show a compelling story on the front and even more depths throughout. Best Picture for sure!
Axford said he hit on 11 of his 13 picks for last year’s Academy Awards. Go on and check out his twitter feed if you want to see the rest of his choices.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 15
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)