Feb 26, 2012, 6:08 PM EDT
“I don’t get paid to make those decisions,” Beckett told WEEI.com. “It doesn’t matter to me.”
David Ortiz had a similar response a day earlier on Saturday.
“It doesn’t matter,” he said. “We’re not here to drink; we’re here to play baseball. This ain’t no bar.”
Beckett was viewed as the ringleader in the Red Sox clubhouse drinking that led to the offseason controversy and this spring’s ban. Nineteen of the 30 major league clubs are believed to have clubhouse alcohol bans in effect.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)