Feb 27, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Allen Craig still has a long road back from knee surgery, but today he ran for the first time since having screws inserted into his kneecap in November.
“I was able to pick up the pace to a nice jog,” Craig told Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch. “It wasn’t a run or a sprint, but it was a good jog.”
Craig still hasn’t been cleared to resume baseball activities and seems unlikely to be ready for Opening Day, but the Cardinals haven’t ruled that out yet.
Once healthy he’ll likely return in a part-time role, as the Cardinals signed Carlos Beltran to essentially replace Albert Pujols in the lineup and also have Matt Holliday and Lance Berkman at left field and first base.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (126)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)