Feb 27, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
It turns out Billy Beane wasn’t the only general manager at the Oscars last night, as Jon Weisman of Dodger Thoughts found a couple screen grabs showing Ned Colletti in the crowd (and with some pretty great seats).
Colletti was sitting directly behind Michelle Williams and told Weisman that he got the seats through a friendship with Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences president Tom Sherak, calling it “a once in a lifetime” chance to go as his guest.
Also of note: Colletti replaced Paul DePodesta as Dodgers general manager in 2005 and Jonah Hill got a “best supporting actor” nominee for portraying the “Peter Brand” character based on DePodesta in “Moneyball.”
Hill, like the rest of “Moneyball,” got shut out.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)