Feb 27, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
It turns out Billy Beane wasn’t the only general manager at the Oscars last night, as Jon Weisman of Dodger Thoughts found a couple screen grabs showing Ned Colletti in the crowd (and with some pretty great seats).
Colletti was sitting directly behind Michelle Williams and told Weisman that he got the seats through a friendship with Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences president Tom Sherak, calling it “a once in a lifetime” chance to go as his guest.
Also of note: Colletti replaced Paul DePodesta as Dodgers general manager in 2005 and Jonah Hill got a “best supporting actor” nominee for portraying the “Peter Brand” character based on DePodesta in “Moneyball.”
Hill, like the rest of “Moneyball,” got shut out.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 36
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 14
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)