Feb 27, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
It turns out Billy Beane wasn’t the only general manager at the Oscars last night, as Jon Weisman of Dodger Thoughts found a couple screen grabs showing Ned Colletti in the crowd (and with some pretty great seats).
Colletti was sitting directly behind Michelle Williams and told Weisman that he got the seats through a friendship with Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences president Tom Sherak, calling it “a once in a lifetime” chance to go as his guest.
Also of note: Colletti replaced Paul DePodesta as Dodgers general manager in 2005 and Jonah Hill got a “best supporting actor” nominee for portraying the “Peter Brand” character based on DePodesta in “Moneyball.”
Hill, like the rest of “Moneyball,” got shut out.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)