Feb 27, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
It turns out Billy Beane wasn’t the only general manager at the Oscars last night, as Jon Weisman of Dodger Thoughts found a couple screen grabs showing Ned Colletti in the crowd (and with some pretty great seats).
Colletti was sitting directly behind Michelle Williams and told Weisman that he got the seats through a friendship with Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences president Tom Sherak, calling it “a once in a lifetime” chance to go as his guest.
Also of note: Colletti replaced Paul DePodesta as Dodgers general manager in 2005 and Jonah Hill got a “best supporting actor” nominee for portraying the “Peter Brand” character based on DePodesta in “Moneyball.”
Hill, like the rest of “Moneyball,” got shut out.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)