Feb 27, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
It turns out Billy Beane wasn’t the only general manager at the Oscars last night, as Jon Weisman of Dodger Thoughts found a couple screen grabs showing Ned Colletti in the crowd (and with some pretty great seats).
Colletti was sitting directly behind Michelle Williams and told Weisman that he got the seats through a friendship with Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences president Tom Sherak, calling it “a once in a lifetime” chance to go as his guest.
Also of note: Colletti replaced Paul DePodesta as Dodgers general manager in 2005 and Jonah Hill got a “best supporting actor” nominee for portraying the “Peter Brand” character based on DePodesta in “Moneyball.”
Hill, like the rest of “Moneyball,” got shut out.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 33
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 86
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)