Feb 27, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
The last time Joel Zumaya threw a baseball in a game that mattered was June 28, 2010. Given his injury over the weekend, if he does so again, it won’t be until 2013 at the earliest. Facing yet another rehab has to seem horrifying to the guy, so it would be totally understandable if he just decided to hang it up.
But he hasn’t figured that out yet. He told reporters this morning that he’s still thinking about it and that it’s a family decision. He’ll talk with other pitchers who have undergone Tommy John surgery to see what’s what.
Some guys are just snake bit. It’s a shame that a pitcher as fun to watch as Zumaya is one of them.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 47
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 34
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)