Feb 27, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Moore described the injury as “like a sore muscle … basically right below my belly button” and said sitting things out is merely precautionary this early in camp, but the strain has apparently bothered him since throwing Friday.
He was able to play catch on both Saturday and Sunday, and for now is hoping to take his next scheduled batting practice turn Wednesday. Moore was also quick to say that it’s not an oblique strain, which is definitely good news given how long those can linger.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)