Feb 27, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Moore described the injury as “like a sore muscle … basically right below my belly button” and said sitting things out is merely precautionary this early in camp, but the strain has apparently bothered him since throwing Friday.
He was able to play catch on both Saturday and Sunday, and for now is hoping to take his next scheduled batting practice turn Wednesday. Moore was also quick to say that it’s not an oblique strain, which is definitely good news given how long those can linger.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)