Feb 27, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
I love spring training photo day. Every year it seems like the guys at Getty and wherever else come up with new dramatic lighting, some different poses or something creative to make the every day headshots more interesting than they used to be.
But sometimes I think they’re just messing with these guys. Guys like Jeff Samardzija of the Chicago Cubs. Who, according to the caption, had this picture taken this morning in Arizona. But who, in reality, looks like he had it taken at my high school in 1989:
“Now blow on the ball, Jeff. Gently … gently … ok, hold it!” [click]
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona