Feb 27, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
This morning Terry Francona said that Bobby V.’s banning of beer from the Red Sox’ clubhouse was a P.R. move. Someone told Bobby V. about that and he responded:
“Remember, you’re getting paid over there for saying stuff. You get paid over here for doing stuff. I’ve done both.”
By “over there,” he means for ESPN, where Francona now works and Valentine did for the past couple of years. And while, yes, he has filled both jobs now, his definition of “doing stuff” may come back to haunt him if his Red Sox perform poorly.
Because the moment Francona calls his first game, he will have done Valentine’s job there and will have two World Series rings. Valentine? I guess we’ll see.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)