Feb 27, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
This morning Terry Francona said that Bobby V.’s banning of beer from the Red Sox’ clubhouse was a P.R. move. Someone told Bobby V. about that and he responded:
“Remember, you’re getting paid over there for saying stuff. You get paid over here for doing stuff. I’ve done both.”
By “over there,” he means for ESPN, where Francona now works and Valentine did for the past couple of years. And while, yes, he has filled both jobs now, his definition of “doing stuff” may come back to haunt him if his Red Sox perform poorly.
Because the moment Francona calls his first game, he will have done Valentine’s job there and will have two World Series rings. Valentine? I guess we’ll see.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40