Feb 27, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
This morning Terry Francona said that Bobby V.’s banning of beer from the Red Sox’ clubhouse was a P.R. move. Someone told Bobby V. about that and he responded:
“Remember, you’re getting paid over there for saying stuff. You get paid over here for doing stuff. I’ve done both.”
By “over there,” he means for ESPN, where Francona now works and Valentine did for the past couple of years. And while, yes, he has filled both jobs now, his definition of “doing stuff” may come back to haunt him if his Red Sox perform poorly.
Because the moment Francona calls his first game, he will have done Valentine’s job there and will have two World Series rings. Valentine? I guess we’ll see.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)