Feb 27, 2012, 8:53 PM EDT
Scott Sizemore injured his left knee during a fielding drill on Saturday and the Athletics just announced that he’ll miss the entire 2012 season due to a torn ACL. Jane Lee of MLB.com reports that the 27-year-old will be reevaluated in two weeks before surgery is scheduled.
This is just awful news for Sizemore, who looked like he finally found a home in Oakland after batting .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs, 52 RBI, four stolen bases and a .778 OPS over 93 games after being acquired from the Tigers last May in exchange for left-hander David Purcey.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 5
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)