Feb 27, 2012, 8:53 PM EDT
Scott Sizemore injured his left knee during a fielding drill on Saturday and the Athletics just announced that he’ll miss the entire 2012 season due to a torn ACL. Jane Lee of MLB.com reports that the 27-year-old will be reevaluated in two weeks before surgery is scheduled.
This is just awful news for Sizemore, who looked like he finally found a home in Oakland after batting .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs, 52 RBI, four stolen bases and a .778 OPS over 93 games after being acquired from the Tigers last May in exchange for left-hander David Purcey.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 5
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 44
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 107
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (84)