Feb 27, 2012, 8:53 PM EST
Scott Sizemore injured his left knee during a fielding drill on Saturday and the Athletics just announced that he’ll miss the entire 2012 season due to a torn ACL. Jane Lee of MLB.com reports that the 27-year-old will be reevaluated in two weeks before surgery is scheduled.
This is just awful news for Sizemore, who looked like he finally found a home in Oakland after batting .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs, 52 RBI, four stolen bases and a .778 OPS over 93 games after being acquired from the Tigers last May in exchange for left-hander David Purcey.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (79)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)