Feb 27, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
This is a wicked pissah: From the Twitter feed of the Boston Fire Department: there was fire at 4 Yawkey Way today. That’s Fenway Park to you and me.
It was a small one, however. An electrical fire due to a wall-mounted light fixture on the second floor of the mail room of the administrative offices. Archival photos were stored there. They’re unsure if any photos were damaged. They are saying that there was probably $30,000 worth of smoke/water damage, however. The fire trucks are all gone now. UPDATE: the damage estimate has risen to $100,000. Must have got one of John Henry’s suits.
Curse the Boston Fire department for being so thorough and informative in their tweets. Totally killed any chance for us to make “deep fryer fire in the clubhouse” jokes.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 30
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)