Feb 27, 2012, 12:57 PM EST
This is a wicked pissah: From the Twitter feed of the Boston Fire Department: there was fire at 4 Yawkey Way today. That’s Fenway Park to you and me.
It was a small one, however. An electrical fire due to a wall-mounted light fixture on the second floor of the mail room of the administrative offices. Archival photos were stored there. They’re unsure if any photos were damaged. They are saying that there was probably $30,000 worth of smoke/water damage, however. The fire trucks are all gone now. UPDATE: the damage estimate has risen to $100,000. Must have got one of John Henry’s suits.
Curse the Boston Fire department for being so thorough and informative in their tweets. Totally killed any chance for us to make “deep fryer fire in the clubhouse” jokes.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)