Feb 27, 2012, 12:57 PM EST
This is a wicked pissah: From the Twitter feed of the Boston Fire Department: there was fire at 4 Yawkey Way today. That’s Fenway Park to you and me.
It was a small one, however. An electrical fire due to a wall-mounted light fixture on the second floor of the mail room of the administrative offices. Archival photos were stored there. They’re unsure if any photos were damaged. They are saying that there was probably $30,000 worth of smoke/water damage, however. The fire trucks are all gone now. UPDATE: the damage estimate has risen to $100,000. Must have got one of John Henry’s suits.
Curse the Boston Fire department for being so thorough and informative in their tweets. Totally killed any chance for us to make “deep fryer fire in the clubhouse” jokes.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 0
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 80
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 34
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)