Feb 27, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
This is a wicked pissah: From the Twitter feed of the Boston Fire Department: there was fire at 4 Yawkey Way today. That’s Fenway Park to you and me.
It was a small one, however. An electrical fire due to a wall-mounted light fixture on the second floor of the mail room of the administrative offices. Archival photos were stored there. They’re unsure if any photos were damaged. They are saying that there was probably $30,000 worth of smoke/water damage, however. The fire trucks are all gone now. UPDATE: the damage estimate has risen to $100,000. Must have got one of John Henry’s suits.
Curse the Boston Fire department for being so thorough and informative in their tweets. Totally killed any chance for us to make “deep fryer fire in the clubhouse” jokes.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)