Feb 27, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
This is a wicked pissah: From the Twitter feed of the Boston Fire Department: there was fire at 4 Yawkey Way today. That’s Fenway Park to you and me.
It was a small one, however. An electrical fire due to a wall-mounted light fixture on the second floor of the mail room of the administrative offices. Archival photos were stored there. They’re unsure if any photos were damaged. They are saying that there was probably $30,000 worth of smoke/water damage, however. The fire trucks are all gone now. UPDATE: the damage estimate has risen to $100,000. Must have got one of John Henry’s suits.
Curse the Boston Fire department for being so thorough and informative in their tweets. Totally killed any chance for us to make “deep fryer fire in the clubhouse” jokes.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)