Feb 28, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Freddie Freeman reported to spring training in The Best Shape Of His Life, but the Braves’ first baseman is expected to sit out at least two weeks after injuring his right knee in this morning’s workout.
Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that “Freeman’s right knee popped out of place as he reached to pick a low throw at first base” and “he limped off the field and was still walking with a heavy limp as he made his way toward a photo shoot on Tuesday afternoon.”
Freeman told Bowman that he had a similar injury at Triple-A and ended up missing only a couple weeks, so there’s some optimism that he’ll be healthy in time for Opening Day.
Eric Hinske would seemingly be in line to step in at first base if needed, assuming it isn’t a major injury.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 4
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 4
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 23
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)