Feb 28, 2012, 9:31 AM EDT
And so it was this morning, that Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweeted that Beltran was going to face his new teammate Wainwright in batting practice today. Which led to this exchange. Note: I was joking when I said what I said:
@craigcalcaterra It’s funny that you would ask. Why, yes, one of New York’s finest is here to chronicle the event.
— Derrick Goold (@dgoold) February 28, 2012
Never change, New York media. Never, ever change.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy