Feb 28, 2012, 9:31 AM EST
And so it was this morning, that Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweeted that Beltran was going to face his new teammate Wainwright in batting practice today. Which led to this exchange. Note: I was joking when I said what I said:
@craigcalcaterra It’s funny that you would ask. Why, yes, one of New York’s finest is here to chronicle the event.
— Derrick Goold (@dgoold) February 28, 2012
Never change, New York media. Never, ever change.
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 3
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)