Feb 28, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
This is kind of neat.
Back in January we learned that the Cubs had made it to the 21st century by forming a partnership with Bloomberg Sports to design a new player-evaluation system. Very statty for the historically non-statty Cubs.
Tonight CSNChicago.com will live stream a thing — they’re calling it a “chalk talk” — in which Cubs’ assistant GM Shiraz Rehman and Bloomberg will show off some of the technology in question, talking about player evaluation and analytics and stuff. Cubs fans will be excused if they do spit takes when high-ranking Cubs officials say things about players other than “he’s a ballplayer; looks like a ballplayer, ya know?”
It streams at 8PM Eastern at this link at CSNChicago.com.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 0
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 16
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 50
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 62
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 30
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)