Feb 28, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
This is kind of neat.
Back in January we learned that the Cubs had made it to the 21st century by forming a partnership with Bloomberg Sports to design a new player-evaluation system. Very statty for the historically non-statty Cubs.
Tonight CSNChicago.com will live stream a thing — they’re calling it a “chalk talk” — in which Cubs’ assistant GM Shiraz Rehman and Bloomberg will show off some of the technology in question, talking about player evaluation and analytics and stuff. Cubs fans will be excused if they do spit takes when high-ranking Cubs officials say things about players other than “he’s a ballplayer; looks like a ballplayer, ya know?”
It streams at 8PM Eastern at this link at CSNChicago.com.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)