Feb 28, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
This is kind of neat.
Back in January we learned that the Cubs had made it to the 21st century by forming a partnership with Bloomberg Sports to design a new player-evaluation system. Very statty for the historically non-statty Cubs.
Tonight CSNChicago.com will live stream a thing — they’re calling it a “chalk talk” — in which Cubs’ assistant GM Shiraz Rehman and Bloomberg will show off some of the technology in question, talking about player evaluation and analytics and stuff. Cubs fans will be excused if they do spit takes when high-ranking Cubs officials say things about players other than “he’s a ballplayer; looks like a ballplayer, ya know?”
It streams at 8PM Eastern at this link at CSNChicago.com.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 9
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 66
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 72
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)