Feb 28, 2012, 11:34 AM EST
This is kind of neat.
Back in January we learned that the Cubs had made it to the 21st century by forming a partnership with Bloomberg Sports to design a new player-evaluation system. Very statty for the historically non-statty Cubs.
Tonight CSNChicago.com will live stream a thing — they’re calling it a “chalk talk” — in which Cubs’ assistant GM Shiraz Rehman and Bloomberg will show off some of the technology in question, talking about player evaluation and analytics and stuff. Cubs fans will be excused if they do spit takes when high-ranking Cubs officials say things about players other than “he’s a ballplayer; looks like a ballplayer, ya know?”
It streams at 8PM Eastern at this link at CSNChicago.com.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)