Feb 28, 2012, 9:16 AM EST
When Cabrera took his turns in the box, he carved long liners to right field, over and over, shouting to the others to guess whether they would clear the fence.
“SI OR NO?” Cabrera yelled. “SI OR NO? SI OR NO?”
When the ball would land on the other side of the chain-link fence, Cabrera punctuated the drive this way: “SI, M———–.”
After that, I said “If that isn’t on a t-shirt with Detroit Tigers colors being sold by a Tigers blogger by the end of the day the Internet has failed.”
Well, the Internet hasn’t failed. You can, if you’re so inclined, get your “Si Motherf****r” shirts now, thanks to the good people at the Tigers blog, Walkoff Woodward.
Purchase one if you have great taste. Just don’t count on the Tigers having similar taste to you if you decide to wear it into Comerica Park. I have this feeling they’re gonna make you turn it inside out or something, even with the %$&*@! characters covering up the profanity.
- Rosenthal: Mariners’ offer to Robinson Cano hasn’t topped $200 million 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (127)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)