Feb 28, 2012, 9:16 AM EDT
When Cabrera took his turns in the box, he carved long liners to right field, over and over, shouting to the others to guess whether they would clear the fence.
“SI OR NO?” Cabrera yelled. “SI OR NO? SI OR NO?”
When the ball would land on the other side of the chain-link fence, Cabrera punctuated the drive this way: “SI, M———–.”
After that, I said “If that isn’t on a t-shirt with Detroit Tigers colors being sold by a Tigers blogger by the end of the day the Internet has failed.”
Well, the Internet hasn’t failed. You can, if you’re so inclined, get your “Si Motherf****r” shirts now, thanks to the good people at the Tigers blog, Walkoff Woodward.
Purchase one if you have great taste. Just don’t count on the Tigers having similar taste to you if you decide to wear it into Comerica Park. I have this feeling they’re gonna make you turn it inside out or something, even with the %$&*@! characters covering up the profanity.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 0
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 5
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 24
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 29
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)