Feb 28, 2012, 9:16 AM EDT
When Cabrera took his turns in the box, he carved long liners to right field, over and over, shouting to the others to guess whether they would clear the fence.
“SI OR NO?” Cabrera yelled. “SI OR NO? SI OR NO?”
When the ball would land on the other side of the chain-link fence, Cabrera punctuated the drive this way: “SI, M———–.”
After that, I said “If that isn’t on a t-shirt with Detroit Tigers colors being sold by a Tigers blogger by the end of the day the Internet has failed.”
Well, the Internet hasn’t failed. You can, if you’re so inclined, get your “Si Motherf****r” shirts now, thanks to the good people at the Tigers blog, Walkoff Woodward.
Purchase one if you have great taste. Just don’t count on the Tigers having similar taste to you if you decide to wear it into Comerica Park. I have this feeling they’re gonna make you turn it inside out or something, even with the %$&*@! characters covering up the profanity.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 23
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)