Feb 28, 2012, 9:16 AM EDT
When Cabrera took his turns in the box, he carved long liners to right field, over and over, shouting to the others to guess whether they would clear the fence.
“SI OR NO?” Cabrera yelled. “SI OR NO? SI OR NO?”
When the ball would land on the other side of the chain-link fence, Cabrera punctuated the drive this way: “SI, M———–.”
After that, I said “If that isn’t on a t-shirt with Detroit Tigers colors being sold by a Tigers blogger by the end of the day the Internet has failed.”
Well, the Internet hasn’t failed. You can, if you’re so inclined, get your “Si Motherf****r” shirts now, thanks to the good people at the Tigers blog, Walkoff Woodward.
Purchase one if you have great taste. Just don’t count on the Tigers having similar taste to you if you decide to wear it into Comerica Park. I have this feeling they’re gonna make you turn it inside out or something, even with the %$&*@! characters covering up the profanity.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)