Feb 29, 2012, 12:36 PM EST
The Nationals manager may be 69 years-old, but if Danny Espinosa can’t play, it’s go-time:
This spring, Johnson brought a cup and jock strap. It’s hanging up in his locker right now … On Tuesday, a representatives from Dinger bats came through the Nationals clubhouse. Johnson sat down with him and asked, “Do you guys make any B267s?” … He asked for 34 inches, 32 ounces. When it arrives, Johnson will have a full set of playing gear.
Sadly, however, Johnson said that he wouldn’t don the cup because “I’ve been waiting to get in a little better shape.” So sadly he is not in … The Best Shape of His Life. Or at least those parts of him for which he needs the cup are not.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 8
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 55
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 69
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)