Feb 29, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Grady Sizemore is unlikely to be ready for Opening Day after being shut down with a back injury and today manager Manny Acta told reporters that the Indians would provide a further update on his status tomorrow.
No reason to be alarmed by that alone, obviously, but Jordan Bastian of MLB.com tweets: “Sounds ominous. Stayed tuned.”
Could be nothing, of course, but given Sizemore’s numerous injuries and countless setbacks during the past two seasons that’s certainly enough to get Indians fans worried about tomorrow’s update.
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 3
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)