Feb 29, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore is unlikely to be ready for Opening Day after being shut down with a back injury and today manager Manny Acta told reporters that the Indians would provide a further update on his status tomorrow.
No reason to be alarmed by that alone, obviously, but Jordan Bastian of MLB.com tweets: “Sounds ominous. Stayed tuned.”
Could be nothing, of course, but given Sizemore’s numerous injuries and countless setbacks during the past two seasons that’s certainly enough to get Indians fans worried about tomorrow’s update.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)