Feb 29, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Sure, writing about baseball for a living is great, but for a beat reporter having to ask players for updates on their injuries every day isn’t quite as fun, especially when they react like Jayson Werth did this morning:
Asked Jayson Werth how his back felt. “I don’t care,” he said. Then he walked away. I still think it’s not a big deal.
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) February 29, 2012
Imagine that interaction taking place in any other situation. Good times! (In fairness, Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post later wrote that he’s “never had a problem with Werth” and “many clam up on injuries.”
Oh, and shortly after that lovely exchange the Nationals announced that Werth would be sitting out his second straight day of workouts because of the injury.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (79)