Feb 29, 2012, 4:46 PM EST
Luke Scott made headlines last year for his comments about Barack Obama and already this week he’s brought seven-foot-long, pig-killing spears into the Rays clubhouse and expressed his hatred for communists, so today he shifted his attention to Red Sox fans.
He doesn’t like them either, as Scott told Bill Chastain of MLB.com:
Just their arrogance. The fans come in and they take over the city. They’re ruthless. They’re vulgar. They cause trouble. They talk about your family. Swear at you. Who likes that? When people do that, it just gives you more incentive to beat them. Then when things like [the last game of last season] happen, you celebrate even more. You go to St. Louis–classiest fans in the game. You do well, there’s no vulgarity. You know what? You don’t wish them bad.
When it comes to people who should be lecturing other people on civility I’m sure Luke Scott is near the top of everyone’s list.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27