Feb 29, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Luke Scott made headlines last year for his comments about Barack Obama and already this week he’s brought seven-foot-long, pig-killing spears into the Rays clubhouse and expressed his hatred for communists, so today he shifted his attention to Red Sox fans.
He doesn’t like them either, as Scott told Bill Chastain of MLB.com:
Just their arrogance. The fans come in and they take over the city. They’re ruthless. They’re vulgar. They cause trouble. They talk about your family. Swear at you. Who likes that? When people do that, it just gives you more incentive to beat them. Then when things like [the last game of last season] happen, you celebrate even more. You go to St. Louis–classiest fans in the game. You do well, there’s no vulgarity. You know what? You don’t wish them bad.
When it comes to people who should be lecturing other people on civility I’m sure Luke Scott is near the top of everyone’s list.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 41
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 58
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)