Feb 29, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Luke Scott made headlines last year for his comments about Barack Obama and already this week he’s brought seven-foot-long, pig-killing spears into the Rays clubhouse and expressed his hatred for communists, so today he shifted his attention to Red Sox fans.
He doesn’t like them either, as Scott told Bill Chastain of MLB.com:
Just their arrogance. The fans come in and they take over the city. They’re ruthless. They’re vulgar. They cause trouble. They talk about your family. Swear at you. Who likes that? When people do that, it just gives you more incentive to beat them. Then when things like [the last game of last season] happen, you celebrate even more. You go to St. Louis–classiest fans in the game. You do well, there’s no vulgarity. You know what? You don’t wish them bad.
When it comes to people who should be lecturing other people on civility I’m sure Luke Scott is near the top of everyone’s list.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 10
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 4
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 22
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car