Feb 29, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
Here’s one way to avoid there being and errors or irregularities in the testing procedures:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that free agent Minor League left-handed pitcher Justin Dowdy has received a 50-game suspension after refusing to take a drug test, a violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
The suspension of Dowdy is effective immediately upon his signing with a Major League organization.
Personally, I blame Ryan Braun. Everyone said he and his lawyers have ruined testing. Well, here’s your proof!
OK, maybe not.
Anyway, Dowdy, originally drafted by the White Sox, was last seen in the Giants organization. He’s actually spent more time in independent leagues than he has in affiliated baseball. And I’m guessing this is the last we hear of him.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 6
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)