Feb 29, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Here’s one way to avoid there being and errors or irregularities in the testing procedures:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that free agent Minor League left-handed pitcher Justin Dowdy has received a 50-game suspension after refusing to take a drug test, a violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
The suspension of Dowdy is effective immediately upon his signing with a Major League organization.
Personally, I blame Ryan Braun. Everyone said he and his lawyers have ruined testing. Well, here’s your proof!
OK, maybe not.
Anyway, Dowdy, originally drafted by the White Sox, was last seen in the Giants organization. He’s actually spent more time in independent leagues than he has in affiliated baseball. And I’m guessing this is the last we hear of him.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45