Feb 29, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Still struck by that pic of Albert Belle from yesterday. Guy used to be absolutely intimidating and now he looks like someone’s jolly uncle. Time takes its toll.
As do little girls. Because here’s what Albert has to say about the retired life:
“I’m a stay-at-home dad,” said Belle. “I’m Mr. Mom. My wife and I have four girls. I waited until I was done playing to get married and settle down and start a family.”
Sounds like retirement has treated Albert kindly. Well, apart from the stalking thing.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 50
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72