Feb 29, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Still struck by that pic of Albert Belle from yesterday. Guy used to be absolutely intimidating and now he looks like someone’s jolly uncle. Time takes its toll.
As do little girls. Because here’s what Albert has to say about the retired life:
“I’m a stay-at-home dad,” said Belle. “I’m Mr. Mom. My wife and I have four girls. I waited until I was done playing to get married and settle down and start a family.”
Sounds like retirement has treated Albert kindly. Well, apart from the stalking thing.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 87
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)