Feb 29, 2012, 11:03 AM EST
Still struck by that pic of Albert Belle from yesterday. Guy used to be absolutely intimidating and now he looks like someone’s jolly uncle. Time takes its toll.
As do little girls. Because here’s what Albert has to say about the retired life:
“I’m a stay-at-home dad,” said Belle. “I’m Mr. Mom. My wife and I have four girls. I waited until I was done playing to get married and settle down and start a family.”
Sounds like retirement has treated Albert kindly. Well, apart from the stalking thing.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (122)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)