Feb 29, 2012, 12:04 PM EDT
Matt Gelb of Philly.com reports that Ryan Howard has suffered a setback. Specifically, on Monday he underwent a procedure to clean an infection from his original wound, and the healing from that procedure will sideline him from action indefinitely.
We first caught wind of this last week when Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reported that Howard had “a little setback.” At the time, Ruben Amaro said his visit to the doctor on Monday was routine. Not so routine after all, it seems.
The most distressing thing about all of this is how the story even got out. I’m led to understand that Amaro has mastered the Jedi mind trick. When he said “it is but a routine procedure … move along,” why did anyone keep digging? Why did they not, due to Amaro’s irresistible persuasion, go on to something else? I can only assume that Matt Gelb is a Jedi himself and such sorcery does not work on him. We must be wary in Master Gelb’s presence.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)