Feb 29, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
Centerfielder/demigod Yoenis Cespedes hasn’t made it to A’s camp in Phoenix yet due to having to wait for a work visa to come through. But Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that that should be resolved shortly and that Cespedes should join the team this weekend.
He’ll still need to take a physical to, but then his four-year, $36 million contract kicks in and everything’s Skittles and beer. Or whatever people in the Bay Area say when things are good. Probably “hella”-something.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 5
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 8
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 7
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)