Feb 29, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
Centerfielder/demigod Yoenis Cespedes hasn’t made it to A’s camp in Phoenix yet due to having to wait for a work visa to come through. But Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that that should be resolved shortly and that Cespedes should join the team this weekend.
He’ll still need to take a physical to, but then his four-year, $36 million contract kicks in and everything’s Skittles and beer. Or whatever people in the Bay Area say when things are good. Probably “hella”-something.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)