Feb 29, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
Centerfielder/demigod Yoenis Cespedes hasn’t made it to A’s camp in Phoenix yet due to having to wait for a work visa to come through. But Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that that should be resolved shortly and that Cespedes should join the team this weekend.
He’ll still need to take a physical to, but then his four-year, $36 million contract kicks in and everything’s Skittles and beer. Or whatever people in the Bay Area say when things are good. Probably “hella”-something.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)