Mar 1, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
It was a surprise to see Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti at the Oscars, sitting right behind Michelle Williams, but A’s general manager Billy Beane showing up in support of “Moneyball” was certainly to be expected.
Beane told Jane Lee of MLB.com that he was shocked to find that his seats were in the fourth row, near Gwyneth Paltrow and Bo Derek, which presumably means they were located in some sort of weird time warp.
“Moneyball” got shutout in all six of its nominated categories, but Beane, his wife, and his daughter–who’s also portrayed in the movie–”had a great time” and hung out afterward with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Oh, and he also took a picture with Tim Tebow. Because why wouldn’t Billy Beane take a picture with Tim Tebow at the Academy Awards?
It’s a shame Beane and Colletti couldn’t work out some sort of a trade while there together. Maybe next year, when “The Andre Ethier Story” gets nominated.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?