Mar 1, 2012, 12:51 PM EST
It was a surprise to see Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti at the Oscars, sitting right behind Michelle Williams, but A’s general manager Billy Beane showing up in support of “Moneyball” was certainly to be expected.
Beane told Jane Lee of MLB.com that he was shocked to find that his seats were in the fourth row, near Gwyneth Paltrow and Bo Derek, which presumably means they were located in some sort of weird time warp.
“Moneyball” got shutout in all six of its nominated categories, but Beane, his wife, and his daughter–who’s also portrayed in the movie–“had a great time” and hung out afterward with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Oh, and he also took a picture with Tim Tebow. Because why wouldn’t Billy Beane take a picture with Tim Tebow at the Academy Awards?
It’s a shame Beane and Colletti couldn’t work out some sort of a trade while there together. Maybe next year, when “The Andre Ethier Story” gets nominated.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 322
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (328)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)