Mar 1, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
It was a surprise to see Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti at the Oscars, sitting right behind Michelle Williams, but A’s general manager Billy Beane showing up in support of “Moneyball” was certainly to be expected.
Beane told Jane Lee of MLB.com that he was shocked to find that his seats were in the fourth row, near Gwyneth Paltrow and Bo Derek, which presumably means they were located in some sort of weird time warp.
“Moneyball” got shutout in all six of its nominated categories, but Beane, his wife, and his daughter–who’s also portrayed in the movie–”had a great time” and hung out afterward with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Oh, and he also took a picture with Tim Tebow. Because why wouldn’t Billy Beane take a picture with Tim Tebow at the Academy Awards?
It’s a shame Beane and Colletti couldn’t work out some sort of a trade while there together. Maybe next year, when “The Andre Ethier Story” gets nominated.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17