Mar 1, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
It was a surprise to see Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti at the Oscars, sitting right behind Michelle Williams, but A’s general manager Billy Beane showing up in support of “Moneyball” was certainly to be expected.
Beane told Jane Lee of MLB.com that he was shocked to find that his seats were in the fourth row, near Gwyneth Paltrow and Bo Derek, which presumably means they were located in some sort of weird time warp.
“Moneyball” got shutout in all six of its nominated categories, but Beane, his wife, and his daughter–who’s also portrayed in the movie–“had a great time” and hung out afterward with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Oh, and he also took a picture with Tim Tebow. Because why wouldn’t Billy Beane take a picture with Tim Tebow at the Academy Awards?
It’s a shame Beane and Colletti couldn’t work out some sort of a trade while there together. Maybe next year, when “The Andre Ethier Story” gets nominated.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 107
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (107)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)