Mar 1, 2012, 4:32 PM EST
Buster Posey has been reported to be on schedule from his ankle rehab, but the Giants are exercising some caution: Posey will not play in Saturday’s Cactus League opener against the Diamondbacks. That according to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com.
Indeed, it’s possible that he’ll miss the following two or three games, as the Giants remain cautious about his sliding and baserunning. Here’s Bruce Bochy:
“At this point, we feel he’s better off (not playing),” Bochy said. “Could he go back there and catch? Yeah. But we want to make sure he’s ready. We want to be 100 percent sure.”
Opening Day is most important, of course. Unless someone says otherwise, this doesn’t sound like a Kendrys Morales situation or anything.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 59
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)