Mar 1, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
Buster Posey has been reported to be on schedule from his ankle rehab, but the Giants are exercising some caution: Posey will not play in Saturday’s Cactus League opener against the Diamondbacks. That according to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com.
Indeed, it’s possible that he’ll miss the following two or three games, as the Giants remain cautious about his sliding and baserunning. Here’s Bruce Bochy:
“At this point, we feel he’s better off (not playing),” Bochy said. “Could he go back there and catch? Yeah. But we want to make sure he’s ready. We want to be 100 percent sure.”
Opening Day is most important, of course. Unless someone says otherwise, this doesn’t sound like a Kendrys Morales situation or anything.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (82)