Mar 1, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
Buster Posey has been reported to be on schedule from his ankle rehab, but the Giants are exercising some caution: Posey will not play in Saturday’s Cactus League opener against the Diamondbacks. That according to Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com.
Indeed, it’s possible that he’ll miss the following two or three games, as the Giants remain cautious about his sliding and baserunning. Here’s Bruce Bochy:
“At this point, we feel he’s better off (not playing),” Bochy said. “Could he go back there and catch? Yeah. But we want to make sure he’s ready. We want to be 100 percent sure.”
Opening Day is most important, of course. Unless someone says otherwise, this doesn’t sound like a Kendrys Morales situation or anything.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 20
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29