Mar 1, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Santana threw 43 pitches and is scheduled to make his first spring training start Tuesday against the Cardinals.
Barring a setback Santana is lined up to potentially start on Opening Day for the Mets, but it’s worth remembering that late last season his recovery from mid-2010 shoulder surgery had progressed to pitching in minor-league games before being shut down again.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15