Mar 1, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
Rangers fans may not want to read it, but Bob Nightengale of USA Today has a great story about Game 6 of the World Series from the Rangers’ perspective. It’s a fantastic blow-by-blow of what went down after the Rangers left the field with a 7-5 lead at the end of the eighth inning.
And not just the baseball stuff. The behind the scenes stuff too:
The Rangers clubhouse had morphed into a party room. Sheets of plastic lined their lockers to protect their clothes in the celebration. Cases of Budweiser with the label, “Texas Rangers, 2011 World Series champions,” were in the middle of the room. Tubs of ice were filled with champagne …
MLB officials rushed into the Rangers clubhouse, ordering the celebratory champagne and beer to be stored and the plastic covering put away.
Pretty gut-wrenching stuff, but a great read.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)