Mar 1, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
Rangers fans may not want to read it, but Bob Nightengale of USA Today has a great story about Game 6 of the World Series from the Rangers’ perspective. It’s a fantastic blow-by-blow of what went down after the Rangers left the field with a 7-5 lead at the end of the eighth inning.
And not just the baseball stuff. The behind the scenes stuff too:
The Rangers clubhouse had morphed into a party room. Sheets of plastic lined their lockers to protect their clothes in the celebration. Cases of Budweiser with the label, “Texas Rangers, 2011 World Series champions,” were in the middle of the room. Tubs of ice were filled with champagne …
MLB officials rushed into the Rangers clubhouse, ordering the celebratory champagne and beer to be stored and the plastic covering put away.
Pretty gut-wrenching stuff, but a great read.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 2
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)