Mar 1, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
Rangers fans may not want to read it, but Bob Nightengale of USA Today has a great story about Game 6 of the World Series from the Rangers’ perspective. It’s a fantastic blow-by-blow of what went down after the Rangers left the field with a 7-5 lead at the end of the eighth inning.
And not just the baseball stuff. The behind the scenes stuff too:
The Rangers clubhouse had morphed into a party room. Sheets of plastic lined their lockers to protect their clothes in the celebration. Cases of Budweiser with the label, “Texas Rangers, 2011 World Series champions,” were in the middle of the room. Tubs of ice were filled with champagne …
MLB officials rushed into the Rangers clubhouse, ordering the celebratory champagne and beer to be stored and the plastic covering put away.
Pretty gut-wrenching stuff, but a great read.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12