Mar 2, 2012, 7:19 PM EST
The Marlins have a second outfielder whose tweets they may need to worry about.
For those of u who think u have to hit .330 with 30 and 100 to have a life off the field, suck it. It’s not my fault u hate ur 9 to 5.
The sentiment isn’t so wrong. The delivery, though, could definitely use some work.
Oh, and just in case Petersen’s tweet wasn’t going to get enough attention with his 8,000+ followers, the game’s most notorious tweeting player, Marlins teammate Logan Morrison, retweeted it to his 93,000+ followers.
Petersen, for what it’s worth, was pretty impressive with his .265/.357/.387 line in 204 at-bats last season, though that came with all of 10 RBI (he hit .300 with the bases empty, .203 with runners on). He has a chance to be a pretty good part-timer going forward, but as far more of a fringe player than Morrison, he’s not going to get as much leeway for any missteps.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 42
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)