Mar 2, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
The Marlins have a second outfielder whose tweets they may need to worry about.
For those of u who think u have to hit .330 with 30 and 100 to have a life off the field, suck it. It’s not my fault u hate ur 9 to 5.
The sentiment isn’t so wrong. The delivery, though, could definitely use some work.
Oh, and just in case Petersen’s tweet wasn’t going to get enough attention with his 8,000+ followers, the game’s most notorious tweeting player, Marlins teammate Logan Morrison, retweeted it to his 93,000+ followers.
Petersen, for what it’s worth, was pretty impressive with his .265/.357/.387 line in 204 at-bats last season, though that came with all of 10 RBI (he hit .300 with the bases empty, .203 with runners on). He has a chance to be a pretty good part-timer going forward, but as far more of a fringe player than Morrison, he’s not going to get as much leeway for any missteps.
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 15
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (110)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)