Mar 2, 2012, 7:19 PM EST
The Marlins have a second outfielder whose tweets they may need to worry about.
For those of u who think u have to hit .330 with 30 and 100 to have a life off the field, suck it. It’s not my fault u hate ur 9 to 5.
The sentiment isn’t so wrong. The delivery, though, could definitely use some work.
Oh, and just in case Petersen’s tweet wasn’t going to get enough attention with his 8,000+ followers, the game’s most notorious tweeting player, Marlins teammate Logan Morrison, retweeted it to his 93,000+ followers.
Petersen, for what it’s worth, was pretty impressive with his .265/.357/.387 line in 204 at-bats last season, though that came with all of 10 RBI (he hit .300 with the bases empty, .203 with runners on). He has a chance to be a pretty good part-timer going forward, but as far more of a fringe player than Morrison, he’s not going to get as much leeway for any missteps.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)