Mar 2, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Or the freakiest. Guy is like 5’10″. How this can work is somewhat perplexing:
Cubs second baseman Darwin Barney put on 20 pounds of muscle over the winter to try to avoid the second-half slump he experienced last year in his first full season. “I’m a little bit overwhelmed from watching him (while coaching in Milwaukee),” manager Dale Sveum said. “He’s a lot stronger and a lot quicker than I thought.
Because we all know how well that works.
Oh well. He has two home runs in 656 major league plate appearances. Let’s see if he can double that this year.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 34
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 47
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105