Mar 2, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Or the freakiest. Guy is like 5’10”. How this can work is somewhat perplexing:
Cubs second baseman Darwin Barney put on 20 pounds of muscle over the winter to try to avoid the second-half slump he experienced last year in his first full season. “I’m a little bit overwhelmed from watching him (while coaching in Milwaukee),” manager Dale Sveum said. “He’s a lot stronger and a lot quicker than I thought.
Because we all know how well that works.
Oh well. He has two home runs in 656 major league plate appearances. Let’s see if he can double that this year.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 8
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 36
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)