Mar 2, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Or the freakiest. Guy is like 5’10”. How this can work is somewhat perplexing:
Cubs second baseman Darwin Barney put on 20 pounds of muscle over the winter to try to avoid the second-half slump he experienced last year in his first full season. “I’m a little bit overwhelmed from watching him (while coaching in Milwaukee),” manager Dale Sveum said. “He’s a lot stronger and a lot quicker than I thought.
Because we all know how well that works.
Oh well. He has two home runs in 656 major league plate appearances. Let’s see if he can double that this year.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 280
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 32
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (291)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)