Mar 2, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Evan Longoria went for X-rays yesterday after taking a Matt Bush fastball off his right hand, but he was diagnosed with merely a bruise and is now hoping to resume playing Monday.
Longoria told Bill Chastain of MLB.com that as soon as the swelling goes down and he’s able to pick up a bat he’ll “be back out there.”
And he also said he feels sorry for Bush, the former No. 1 overall pick now trying to make it as a reliever, because “I know he was pretty nervous about the whole situation.”
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead