Mar 2, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Via our friend Rick Chandler over at Off The Bench, we learn that the second weirdest element of the Marlins’ new ballpark has arrived. The live fish in the fish tanks behind home plate:
Of course the weirdest thing in the place is that robotic sculpture home run thing. But I have this feeling that’s going to grow on us all over time. Honestly, I do. I don’t know why. Just strikes me like an odd new building or some other new fashion that is inevitably met with derision at first but which is later seen as something kinda neat and original.
Yes, I realize that I am likely in the tiniest minority here, but I’m used to that so whatever.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)