Mar 2, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Via our friend Rick Chandler over at Off The Bench, we learn that the second weirdest element of the Marlins’ new ballpark has arrived. The live fish in the fish tanks behind home plate:
Of course the weirdest thing in the place is that robotic sculpture home run thing. But I have this feeling that’s going to grow on us all over time. Honestly, I do. I don’t know why. Just strikes me like an odd new building or some other new fashion that is inevitably met with derision at first but which is later seen as something kinda neat and original.
Yes, I realize that I am likely in the tiniest minority here, but I’m used to that so whatever.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69