Mar 2, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Via our friend Rick Chandler over at Off The Bench, we learn that the second weirdest element of the Marlins’ new ballpark has arrived. The live fish in the fish tanks behind home plate:
Of course the weirdest thing in the place is that robotic sculpture home run thing. But I have this feeling that’s going to grow on us all over time. Honestly, I do. I don’t know why. Just strikes me like an odd new building or some other new fashion that is inevitably met with derision at first but which is later seen as something kinda neat and original.
Yes, I realize that I am likely in the tiniest minority here, but I’m used to that so whatever.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 0
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)