Mar 2, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Via our friend Rick Chandler over at Off The Bench, we learn that the second weirdest element of the Marlins’ new ballpark has arrived. The live fish in the fish tanks behind home plate:
Of course the weirdest thing in the place is that robotic sculpture home run thing. But I have this feeling that’s going to grow on us all over time. Honestly, I do. I don’t know why. Just strikes me like an odd new building or some other new fashion that is inevitably met with derision at first but which is later seen as something kinda neat and original.
Yes, I realize that I am likely in the tiniest minority here, but I’m used to that so whatever.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 10
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 156
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39