Mar 3, 2012, 6:01 PM EST
While that sounds awfully painful, Dodgers trainer Sue Falsone said that Gordon is expected to be back in camp tomorrow with no limitations.
Gordon, who turns 24 in April, batted .304/.325/.362 with 11 RBI, 24 stolen bases, 34 runs scored and a .686 OPS over 233 plate appearances at the major league level last year. He is expected to open the season as the Dodgers’ starting shortstop and leadoff man.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)