Mar 3, 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
While that sounds awfully painful, Dodgers trainer Sue Falsone said that Gordon is expected to be back in camp tomorrow with no limitations.
Gordon, who turns 24 in April, batted .304/.325/.362 with 11 RBI, 24 stolen bases, 34 runs scored and a .686 OPS over 233 plate appearances at the major league level last year. He is expected to open the season as the Dodgers’ starting shortstop and leadoff man.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 35
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 49
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 67
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (103)