Mar 3, 2012, 4:02 PM EST
Bartolo Colon resuscitated his career as a member of the Yankees last season after having fat and bone marrow stem cells injected into his elbow and shoulder. Now other players are looking to follow his lead.
According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, Kiko Calero is considering a similar procedure as he weighs a comeback attempt of his own.
Calero, now 37, didn’t pitch professionally last year and hasn’t appeared in the big leagues since posting a 1.95 ERA and 69/30 K/BB ratio over 60 innings with the Marlins in 2009. He had a 7.03 ERA in 15 relief appearances at the Triple-A level with the Mets and Dodgers in 2010.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 9
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 45
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86