Mar 3, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Bartolo Colon resuscitated his career as a member of the Yankees last season after having fat and bone marrow stem cells injected into his elbow and shoulder. Now other players are looking to follow his lead.
According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, Kiko Calero is considering a similar procedure as he weighs a comeback attempt of his own.
Calero, now 37, didn’t pitch professionally last year and hasn’t appeared in the big leagues since posting a 1.95 ERA and 69/30 K/BB ratio over 60 innings with the Marlins in 2009. He had a 7.03 ERA in 15 relief appearances at the Triple-A level with the Mets and Dodgers in 2010.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (81)