Mar 3, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Bartolo Colon resuscitated his career as a member of the Yankees last season after having fat and bone marrow stem cells injected into his elbow and shoulder. Now other players are looking to follow his lead.
According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, Kiko Calero is considering a similar procedure as he weighs a comeback attempt of his own.
Calero, now 37, didn’t pitch professionally last year and hasn’t appeared in the big leagues since posting a 1.95 ERA and 69/30 K/BB ratio over 60 innings with the Marlins in 2009. He had a 7.03 ERA in 15 relief appearances at the Triple-A level with the Mets and Dodgers in 2010.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)