Mar 3, 2012, 10:04 PM EDT
If West isn’t feeling better after a month-plus of rest and therapy, the next course of action will likely be Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
Texas selected West in the second round of the 2007 draft. He spent four years trying to make it as a third baseman before converting himself into a reliever last season after failing to impress offensively.
West registered a promising 3.00 ERA, 0.93 WHIP and 35/1 K/BB ratio across 27 innings last year between Low-A Spokane and High-A Myrtle Beach. He’s only 23 years old and doesn’t turn 24 until November.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)