Mar 3, 2012, 10:04 PM EST
If West isn’t feeling better after a month-plus of rest and therapy, the next course of action will likely be Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
Texas selected West in the second round of the 2007 draft. He spent four years trying to make it as a third baseman before converting himself into a reliever last season after failing to impress offensively.
West registered a promising 3.00 ERA, 0.93 WHIP and 35/1 K/BB ratio across 27 innings last year between Low-A Spokane and High-A Myrtle Beach. He’s only 23 years old and doesn’t turn 24 until November.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (122)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)