Mar 3, 2012, 10:04 PM EDT
If West isn’t feeling better after a month-plus of rest and therapy, the next course of action will likely be Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
Texas selected West in the second round of the 2007 draft. He spent four years trying to make it as a third baseman before converting himself into a reliever last season after failing to impress offensively.
West registered a promising 3.00 ERA, 0.93 WHIP and 35/1 K/BB ratio across 27 innings last year between Low-A Spokane and High-A Myrtle Beach. He’s only 23 years old and doesn’t turn 24 until November.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20