Mar 3, 2012, 10:04 PM EDT
If West isn’t feeling better after a month-plus of rest and therapy, the next course of action will likely be Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
Texas selected West in the second round of the 2007 draft. He spent four years trying to make it as a third baseman before converting himself into a reliever last season after failing to impress offensively.
West registered a promising 3.00 ERA, 0.93 WHIP and 35/1 K/BB ratio across 27 innings last year between Low-A Spokane and High-A Myrtle Beach. He’s only 23 years old and doesn’t turn 24 until November.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)