Mar 3, 2012, 10:04 PM EDT
If West isn’t feeling better after a month-plus of rest and therapy, the next course of action will likely be Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
Texas selected West in the second round of the 2007 draft. He spent four years trying to make it as a third baseman before converting himself into a reliever last season after failing to impress offensively.
West registered a promising 3.00 ERA, 0.93 WHIP and 35/1 K/BB ratio across 27 innings last year between Low-A Spokane and High-A Myrtle Beach. He’s only 23 years old and doesn’t turn 24 until November.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)