Mar 4, 2012, 4:39 PM EST
The Brewers revealed Sunday that outfielder Corey Hart needs arthroscopic surgery on his right knee and could miss the start of the regular season.
This according to beat writer Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (via Twitter).
Hart will be in recovery mode from the minor procedure for 3-4 weeks, meaning he is likely to miss the entire Cactus League schedule. Without sufficient warm-up at-bats, the Brewers will probably place him on the 15-day disabled list before Opening Day and leave him behind at their spring training complex in Phoenix, Arizona to get tuned up. He shouldn’t be sidelined beyond mid-April.
Hart, 29, batted .285/.356/.510 with 26 home runs and 63 RBI in 130 games last season for Milwaukee.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 0
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 15
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 26
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 23
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)