Mar 4, 2012, 8:51 AM EDT
It’s still early, and regular-season playing time is rarely dictated by spring training stats, but the 26-year-old former catcher is not off to a good start.
Donaldson went hitless in Saturday’s spring exhibition game against the Mariners and is now 0-for-7 with three strikeouts since the opening of Cactus League play. Eric Sogard, who might be next in line for playing time at the hot corner, went 2-for-4 in Saturday’s game and homered in his debut Friday.
Donaldson batted .261/.344/.439 with 17 homers and 70 RBI in 115 games last year at Triple-A Sacramento.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)